Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Eight embarrassing songs on my iPod and the explanations for their presence.

Everyone has them. Those songs on their iPod that you skip over if there is anyone else in the car with you but if you’re alone you belt them out as if you were on stage in front of fifty thousand screaming fans. When people do catch them as they are skimming your iTunes you make up some lame excuse like your little sister put them on there and you like never listen to them. When those same people ask you why those same songs are on your “Top 25 Most Played” you quickly change the subject as if nothing is wrong with having seven Miley Cyrus songs in your iTunes library. Before you jump to conclusions though I would like to say that only one of the eight songs on this list is in my Top 25 and it ranks at a lowly 21.
This list is ten songs on my iPod which really have no business in being there but are anyway. These are my Confessions:

1. One Time – Justin Bieber


I don’t care who you are there is a small part of you that has caught the Bieber Fever in some way. His lyrics are catchy, he dances like a little, white Usher and his image is cleaner than the top of Mr. Clean’s bald head. “One Time” was his first real hit and if you can’t dance to that beat then you have no groove.

2. Nobody’s Perfect – Miley Cyrus

            Speaking of squeaky clean lets talk about Miley Cyrus. Remember when she was the Disney equivalent of Jennifer Gardner’s character on Alias? She was following in the footsteps of “actresses” like Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan! Endless potential, thousands of screaming fans, she had it all. This song reminds me of a simpler; more innocent time when Hannah Montana ruled the airwaves and reminds us all that in fact, nobody’s perfect.

3. Anything by the Glee Cast

            Okay, I only have three songs which have the Glee Cast listed as the artist. Three! So don’t judge too harshly. Anyway, I’m practically a cast member anyway because they completely stole my face when they casted Artie. I’m sure I’m owed royalties in some way.

4. I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys

            How many times has this song been sung by guys trying to impress girls with faux vulnerability and over emotional hand gestures? I know I’ve done it at least six times. Say what you want about the Backstreet Boys but this song is timeless.

5. Two of Hearts – Stacie Q

            First of all if you haven’t seen Hot Rod then you are missing out. The Lonely Island at all its glory the “Two of Hearts” scene is one of my favorites. The only reason it is on my iPod is because of this scene: 



6. Burning Up – Jonas Brothers

            Have you ever wondered just why the boy band craze started? Why? Why? Why?!? These guys disappeared about as quickly as they appeared and I will attribute that to the middle brother, who shall remain nameless, and his cowardice relationship ways. I’m almost sure that has something to do with it. Oh yeah, and the fact that at about 1:01 “RRRED DRESS” is absolutely hilarious to imitate.

7. Lovefool – Cardigans

            Look it up, it’s a real song. Do that now before you go on… Stuck in your head no isn’t it? Love me, love me, SAAAY that you love me. Fool me, fool me, go on and fool me. This is probably one of the most annoying songs known to man and as was so effectively demonstrated by Jim Halpert in The Office in episode 305 “Initiation”. Enjoy this bootlegged youtube clip:



8. Its Gonna Be Me- *NSYNC

            How can you resist the lyrical song stylings of Justin Timberlake and company? If you want to know the songbird of our generation its, as JT would put it, “gotta be maaaaayy”.

No comments:

Post a Comment